Two important points are outlined along this Newsletter: 1. IQFA moves forward !; 2. Organization of the 7th IQFA Colloquium, held at Telecom ParisTech, Paris (France), from the 16th to the 18th of November 2016.
1. IQFA moves forward !
On one hand, the CNRS research network IQFA has a new name, "Quantum Engineering, from Fundamental Aspects to Applications" (the French acronym remains the same, i.e. IQFA).
On the other hand, IQFA’s main investigated thematics (ARTs) are reduced from 8 to 6, for a perfect overlap with those of the next European Flagship on Quantum Technologies. See those thematics and related objectives online: ARTs.
Finally, more teams and institutions are now integrated within IQFA. The complete list can be found online: IQFA’s labs and teams.
2. IQFA’s 7th Colloquium — save the date
- When ? from the 16th to the 18th of November 2016;
- Where ? at the Telecom ParisTech;
- Deadlines for registration and abstract submission : the 14th of October 2016, 12h00 (noon), Paris time;
- Dedicated website: IQFA’s 7th Colloquium, where you can register, submit an abstract, and have all the necessary details to join us.
The main objective of this Colloquium is to gather, along 3 days, all the various communities working in Quantum Information and to permit all the participants to exchange on both the foundations and recent advances in the field.
The Colloquium is organized around 3 communication types :
- Tutorial talks (1h), given by internationally recognized experts, are intended to establish a common basis of knowledge, from both foundation and advanced applied aspects;
- Contributed/invited talks (30’) on the current hot topics within IQFA’s thematics (ARTs). This year again, the call is for poster contributions only, and among all the received contributions, the Scientific Committee will select a tens of them to be upgraded as invited oral contributions;
- Posters Sessions to give the youngest the opportunity to present their work to the entire community, again within IQFA’s strategic thematics (ARTs).
- Note that a special session will be devoted to the European Quantum Flaghsip, where academical and industrial partners, as well a representative of the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR), will present their views and perspectives.
Tutorial speakers who have confirmed their participation are:
- Prof. Prof. Markus Aspelmeyer, University of Vienna, Austria;
- Prof. Philippe Bouyer, Institut d’Optique Graduate School, Bordeaux, France;
- Prof. Tommaso Calarco, University of Ulm, Germany;
- Prof. Daniel Loss, University of Basel, Switzerland;
- Prof. Stephanie Wehner, QuTech - Delft, The Netherlands;
- Prof. Hugo Zbinden, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of participants in Paris, and wishing you a pleasant summer,
For IQFA’s Scientific Committees.