More details can be found in the attached file at the end of this article.
The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) in Barcelona (Spain) has initiated a Worldwide Scientific Initiative in the form of many parallel Bell test experiments: The Big Bell Test (BBT).
In other words, 11 Bell-test experiments, driven by Human Randomness, will take place all around the world on the same day, the 30th of November 2016.
The keys to the success are:
• The experiments will be powered by Human Randomness: the set of quantum experiments will be powered by the sequences of random bits created by humans.
• The project will test the Laws of Quantum Physics using unpredictability provided by independent human decisions, the Bellsters.
• On the 30th of November 2016, people will be generating sequences of random bits that will be sent to quantum physics experiments in different labs around the world.
• The BBT needs you! In order to consider it a success, the initiative needs the contribution of at least 30.000 people playing the videogame to generate at least 30.000 sequences of random bits.
• Everyone can participate! It’s a matter of willingness and commitment. You only need a computer, tablet, or smartphone and the internet to connect to the platform and generate random bits.
• The aim is to show how unpredictable people can be. The sequences of bits that control the experiments are generated by the participants. You will control the experiments with your bits! You will be giving the input to the experiments!
The participating teams are:
- IQOQI/OEAW, Vienna, Austria
- CEFOP/Universidad de Concepción,Concepción, Chile
- EQuS, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- CQC2T, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- CAS, University of Science and Technology of China, Shanghai, China
- LPMC, Université Côte d’Azur/CNRS, Nice, France
- ICFO, Barcelona, Spain
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
- CITEDEF/Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Boulder, Colorado, USA
The BBT counts on you and on your Random Numbers!
Become a Bellster and participate to this amazing worldwide experiment!